You are required to change your password before you can log in to the site, please enter your new password in the fields below:
Wed 26 Apr 2017 @ 18:00
Still time to get FREE UK postage for online orders at https://t.co/2JZZj8kALU. Ends 11.59pm #newbooks #booklovers… https://t.co/l8UNg7lWNd
Author(s): Perry Schmidt-Leukel
By joining our friends scheme, this item would only cost
£22.50, and you can
benefit from future savings and promotions.
to find out more or add the annual £10
membership to your basket now.
This series of lectures by eminent authors from Britain and Germany is an excellent grounding in a wide range of World Religions and their attitudes and approaches to war and peace.
Suitable for all undergraduates of Biblical Studies, Religious Studies and Theology, this text would particularly suit second year students studying World Religions or Ethics.
Split into three manageable sections, part one looks at war and peace in the Eastern Religions of Hinduism, Buddhism and Classical Chinese Thought. Part two looks at war and peace in the Abrahamic Religions, i.e. Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The final forward looking part brings themes and commonalities together in a discussion of various developments towards peace, including a discussion of "The World Conference on Religion and Peace" as well as Hans Küng's excellent lecture on "Global Ethic - Development and Goals".
With an introduction by Perry Schmidt-Leukel, this is a rigorous, yet accessible text for anyone with an interest in the discussion of religion and international conflict.
1. 'Part of the Problem, Part of the Solution': An Introduction - Perry Schmidt-Leukel Part I War and Peace in Eastern Religions
2. War and Peace in Hinduism - Michael von Brück
3. War and Peace in Buddhism - Perry Schmidt-Leukel
4. War and Peace in Classical Chinese Thought, with Particular Regard to Chinese Religion - Gregor Paul Part II War and Peace in Abrahamic Religions
5. War and Peace in Judaism - Dan Cohn-Sherbok
6. War and Peace in Christianity - Ian Hazlett
7. War and Peace in Islam - Lloyd Ridgeon Part III Inter-religious Foundations for Peace
8. Global Ethic: Development and Goals Hans Küng
9. Peace and Multi-religious Co-operation: The World Conference of Religious for Peace (WCRP) Norbert Klaes
Perry Schmidt-Leukel is Professor of Systematic Theology and Religious Studies, holds the Chair of World Religions for Peace and is Director of the Centre for Inter-Faith Studies at the University of Glasgow.