SCM Press eBooks can be purchased from our website for your eReader, smartphone or tablet. The eBooks we sell use the EPUB file format - please read these FAQs before purchase to check your device is compatible.
- How do I find my eBook download link?
- Do I have to download my eBook link straightaway?
- Why do I need Adobe Digital Editions?
- What is Digital Rights Management?
- Can I read these eBooks on a smartphone or tablet?
- How many different devices can I download my eBook to?
- Can I read these eBooks on Amazon Kindle?
- Can I print an eBook?
- Can I get a refund for an eBook?
How do I find my eBook download link?
Your eBook download link can be found:
- On the checkout receipt page, immediately after your order has been placed
- In an email sent from email@example.com (we will send you two emails - one order confirmation and one containing your ebook links)
- In My Account - login with your email address and password
Please note: download links can only used by one user, for a maximum of four times.
Do I have to download my eBook link straightaway?
No - the eBook download link stays active for 2 years.Back to top
Why do I need Adobe Digital Editions?
Adobe Digital Editions is a piece of software which will manage your digital library of eBooks on a computer. You can download Adobe Digital Editions for free here.
If you want to transfer eBooks between different computers and devices it is important to authorise each one with the same Adobe ID. Click on 'help' in Adobe Digital Editions to set up an ID and authorise your computer.
Note: You do not need to install Adobe Digital Editions if you have a Sony Reader, as the Sony Library software which came with your device will manage your eBooks.Back to top
What is Digital Rights Management?
All the eBooks on our website are EPUB files secured with DRM (Digital Rights Management). DRM is used to limit the ability to copy eBooks and ties your purchased eBooks to the Adobe ID you are using on the computer you download to.Back to top
Can I read these eBooks on a smartphone or tablet?
How many different devices can I download my eBook to?
Once you have downloaded your eBook to Adobe Digital Editions you can then transfer it to any of the devices authorised with the same Adobe ID. You can associate up to six different computers or devices with your ID.Back to top
Can I read these eBooks on Amazon Kindle?
No. All the eBooks available on our website are in the EPUB file format which is not compatible with the Kindle.
EPUB files are compatible with a range of eReaders including Kobo, Nook and Sony devices. See a list of all compatible apps and eReaders.
Can I print an eBook?
eBooks are designed to be read on screen and cannot be printed out.Back to top