Moving from biblical theology to systematic theology to practical theology, "Work: Theological Foundations and Practical Implications" offers a comprehensive theology of work.
With contributions from a variety of leading theologians including Miroslav Volf and Samuel Gregg, this book brings together biblical scholars, ethicists, economists representing a spectrum of theological voices.
It will bring a new academic depth to the literature on the theology of work and provide a comprehensive single-volume resource for scholars and students alike.
1. Work in Christian Perspective: An Introduction - R. Keith Loftin and Trey Dimsdale
Part 1: Biblical Theology
2. The Creation Narratives and the Original Unity of Work and Worship in the Human Vocation - John Bergsma
3. Work as a Blessed Gift in the Prophets and Writings: A Thematic Study with Special Emphasis on Jeremiah 29 - Eugene H. Merrill
4. Labour of Love: The Theology of Work in First and Second Thessalonians - John Taylor
5. Jesus and Character Values in Work - Darrell L. Bock
Part 2: Systematic Theology
6. Work as Co-operation with God - Miroslav Volf
7. Be Fruitful and Multiply: Work and Anthropology - Jay Wesley Richards
8. Work and Sanctification - Scott B. Rae
9. Being God’s People by Working on God’s Mission - Greg Forster
10. Work and the New Creation - Darrell T. Cosden
Part 3: Practical Theology
11. Economics and the Theology of Work - Jürgen von Hagen
12. The Problem of Meaning and Related Problems: Four Voices in a Pastoral Theology of Work - Chris R. Armstrong
13. The Marketplace as Common Ground for Serving Others - Samuel Gregg
14. Poverty, Justice, and Work - Michael Matheson Miller
"I am hugely grateful to Trey Dimsdale and Keith Loftin for taking the initiative to commission such a rich book on such a vital topic from such a formidable and diverse group of scholars across a range of disciplines." -- Mark Greene, LICC and author of Thank God it's Monday.
Other products in this Category
Briefly: Fletcher's Situation Ethics
SCM Briefly: 25 Great Philosophers From Plato to Sartre
Briefly: Moore's Principia Ethica
Confusions in Christian Social Ethics
Doctor's Casebook in the Light of the Bible
The Human Person in God's World
Politics of Liberation
Arguments Against Secular Culture
Briefly: Plato's the Republic
Belief and Metaphysics
Transcendence and Phenomenology