Moving from biblical theology to systematic theology to practical theology, "Work: Theological Foundations and Practical Implications" offers a comprehensive theology of work.
With contributions from a variety of leading theologians including Miroslav Volf and Samuel Gregg, this book brings together biblical scholars, ethicists, economists representing a spectrum of theological voices.
It will bring a new academic depth to the literature on the theology of work and provide a comprehensive single-volume resource for scholars and students alike.
1. Work in Christian Perspective: An Introduction - R. Keith Loftin and Trey Dimsdale
Part 1: Biblical Theology
2. The Creation Narratives and the Original Unity of Work and Worship in the Human Vocation - John Bergsma
3. Work as a Blessed Gift in the Prophets and Writings: A Thematic Study with Special Emphasis on Jeremiah 29 - Eugene H. Merrill
4. Labour of Love: The Theology of Work in First and Second Thessalonians - John Taylor
5. Jesus and Character Values in Work - Darrell L. Bock
Part 2: Systematic Theology
6. Work as Co-operation with God - Miroslav Volf
7. Be Fruitful and Multiply: Work and Anthropology - Jay Wesley Richards
8. Work and Sanctification - Scott B. Rae
9. Being God’s People by Working on God’s Mission - Greg Forster
10. Work and the New Creation - Darrell T. Cosden
Part 3: Practical Theology
11. Economics and the Theology of Work - Jürgen von Hagen
12. The Problem of Meaning and Related Problems: Four Voices in a Pastoral Theology of Work - Chris R. Armstrong
13. The Marketplace as Common Ground for Serving Others - Samuel Gregg
14. Poverty, Justice, and Work - Michael Matheson Miller
"I am hugely grateful to Trey Dimsdale and Keith Loftin for taking the initiative to commission such a rich book on such a vital topic from such a formidable and diverse group of scholars across a range of disciplines." -- Mark Greene, LICC and author of Thank God it's Monday.
Other products in this Category
Liberation Theology and Sexuality
Beyond the Spirit of Empire
Men and Masculinities in Christianity and Judaism
A Short Course in the Philosophy of Religion
Briefly: Humes Dialogues Concerning Natural Religion
Briefly: Plato's the Republic
Briefly: Anselm's Proslogion
Arguments Against Secular Culture
Explorations in Theology 7
Doctor's Casebook in the Light of the Bible