You are required to change your password before you can log in to the site, please enter your new password in the fields below:
Thu 15 Mar 2018 @ 10:18
RT @T4CGMichael Sandel leads a Common Good debate at @StPaulsLondon next Monday 19 March. Find out more at… https://t.co/0aPMIsZf3j
Author(s): Jonathan Dean
To Gain at Harvest celebrates the courage, intellect, humility and passion displayed by figures of all shades of opinion and belief during the English Reformation.
Offering insights into the turbulent period of the English Reformation and its ideas, Jonathan Dean demonstrates the qualities of mind and heart, and the gifts of faith and character, which some of its leading proponents possessed.
The book will provide a vital resource for students and general readers seeking to understand a crucial moment in church history.
1. The Ground of Charity: Thomas More
2. Ambition and Fidelity: Thomas Cranmer
3. A Tudor Woman’s Passion: Anne Askew
4. Manifold Passions: Katherine Parr
5. ‘Nourished with Hope’: Nicholas Harpsfield
6. The Virtue of Moderation: Matthew Parker
7. Governing with Subtlety: Queen Elizabeth I
8. The Piety of Prayer and the Fluency of Speech: Lancelot Andrewes
9. ‘Make me Thine’: George Herbert
10. Felicity and Desire: Thomas Traherne
Jonathan Dean is an ordained Methodist minister and Methodist Tutor at The Queens Foundation, and author of 'A Heart Strangely Warmed: The Writings of John and Charles Wesley'
"Jonathan Dean’s eloquent and enlightening portraits of ten ‘icons of faithfulness’ from the Reformation - clerical and lay, male and female, Protestant and Catholic - are intended to facilitate a dialogue between modern Christians and their forebears from a fractured and traumatized age. This is ecumenism of a robust and courageous kind, not looking to erase or minimize past differences, but holding out the hope that sincere efforts to understand Christian integrity in an era of conflict can help illuminate our own difficult path to unity." -- Professor Peter Marshall, Department of History, University of Warwick