Theological Reflections: Methods offers a comprehensive collection of models of theological reflection. By bringing this diverse collection together in one place, the editors create a unique reference work that allows a clear and visible contrast and comparison as each model is treated formally and in a standard format.
Throughout each chapter the distinguishing features of the model are examined, the geneology and origins are discussed, worked examples of the model applied to contemporary theology are provided, and critical commentary, future trends and exercises and questions are provided.
Now firmly established as an essential text on theological reflection, this second edition has been revised and updated with a new introduction, updated examples, and refreshed bibliographies.
About the Authors
Preface to the Second Edition
1. ‘Theology by Heart’: The Living Human Document
2. ‘Speaking in Parables’: Constructive Narrative Theology
3. ‘Telling God’s Story’: Canonical Narrative Theology
4. ‘Writing the Body of Christ’: Corporate Theological Reflection
5. ‘Speaking of God in Public’: Correlation
6. ‘Theology-in-Action’: Praxis
7. ‘Theology in the Vernacular’: Contextual Theologies
Index of Names and Subjects
Other products in this Category
Researching Practice in Mission and Ministry
Dying to Live
Keeping Faith in Practice
On Human Worth
Studying Local Churches
Words Made Flesh
Blessed are the Poor?
Theology Reforming Society
Developing Faithful Ministers