SCM Studyguide: Theological Reflection, 2nd Edition
This item is in stock and will be dispatched within 48 hours.
More than 50 units in stock.
Since it was first published, the SCM Studyguide to Theological Reflection has quickly gained a reputation for being a vital and accessible guide to the subject for all who embark on it for the first time.
The studyguide offers newcomers a step by step introduction to understanding what theological reflection is and helps them to explore which of the methods introduced best suits them and their particular situation. It is practical in emphasis, providing students with a wide variety of worked examples and opportunities to carry out their own exercises.
This 2nd edition will bring the content up to date, offering a revised and improved bibliography and updated and refreshed examples and exercises, including new sections on scriptural reasoning and contemplative theology.
Preface to the First Edition
Preface to the Second Edition
Part 1: What is PTR?
1. What Theological Reflection is – and what it isn’t
2. PTR in Practice: Some Simple Paradigms
3. Ways and Means: A variety of PTR Approaches and Models
Part 2: The Elements of PTR and its Basic Resources
4. The Place of Scripture in PTR
5. God, Gaps and Glory – The Kairos Moment
6. PTR in the Context of Daily and Community Life – Chronos
7. PTR and Personality: Differences in Thinking, Feeling,
Learning and Doing
Part 3: The Wider Perspective
8. PTR and Theology
9. PTR, Ethics, Institutions and the Wider World
10. PTR for Life – Not Just for Courses
Part 4: A Toolkit for PTR
Index of Biblical References
Index of Names and Subjects
Other products in this Category
Developing Faithful Ministers
Keeping Faith in Practice
Words Made Flesh
Chaplaincy Ministry and the Mission of the Church
Church for Every Context
Gods Behaving Badly
For the Parish
Participation and Mediation
Theology Reforming Society
Studying Local Churches