SCM Studyguide: The Books of the New Testament, together with its companion volume on New Testament Interpretation (9780334040484), offers an up-to-date, accessible introduction to this fast-changing area of theological study.
Aimed at level one students, it encourages interaction with the New Testament texts and provides pointers for further reading and learning. The book describes the world out of which the New Testament came, and what can be known of the key figures of Jesus and Paul, before discussing the 27 books in turn.
1. The Worlds Which Produced The New Testament
2. What Can We Know About Jesus?
3. Studying Paul
4. Introducing Paul's Letters
5. The First Three Gospels
6. John: The 'Spiritual Gospel'
7. From The Cradle to the (Empty) Grave
8. Acts: Luke's Ongoing Story
9. The Ongoing Pauline Tradition
10. The Letter to the Hebrews
11. The Catholic Epistles
12. Revelation: Guide to the End of the World?
13. The New Testament Canon
Other products in this Category
Prophecy and Covenant
Work and Words of Jesus
Liberation Theology and Sexuality
Sourcebook of the Bible for Teachers
Love, Sex and Marriage
Public Face of the Gospel
Lwas in the Pentateuch and other studies
Reading Through Galatians
Ten Commandments in Recent Research
Paul on Baptism