SCM Studyguide: Books of the New Testament
This item is in stock and will be dispatched within 48 hours.
More than 50 units in stock.
SCM Studyguide: The Books of the New Testament, together with its companion volume on New Testament Interpretation (9780334040484), offers an up-to-date, accessible introduction to this fast-changing area of theological study.
Aimed at level one students, it encourages interaction with the New Testament texts and provides pointers for further reading and learning. The book describes the world out of which the New Testament came, and what can be known of the key figures of Jesus and Paul, before discussing the 27 books in turn.
1. The Worlds Which Produced The New Testament
2. What Can We Know About Jesus?
3. Studying Paul
4. Introducing Paul's Letters
5. The First Three Gospels
6. John: The 'Spiritual Gospel'
7. From The Cradle to the (Empty) Grave
8. Acts: Luke's Ongoing Story
9. The Ongoing Pauline Tradition
10. The Letter to the Hebrews
11. The Catholic Epistles
12. Revelation: Guide to the End of the World?
13. The New Testament Canon
Other products in this Category
Unity and Diversity
Lord's Supper in the New Testament
Myth in the New Testament
Briefly: Aquinas' Summa Theologica II
The Shadow of the Galilean
Essays in Old Testament Interpretation
SCM Studyguide: Pastoral Theology
SCM Studyguide: Science and Religion